Friday, September 6, 2019

Bell Work

Math- The kids learned about Math on my own station today. For short, it’s called M.O.M.O.

Recess

Arts Ed- The students reviewed Growth Mindset. Students learned the song of the week for next week.

They set some goals for themselves. They were also supposed to write something they want to become excellent at.

Lunch

Arts Ed- Ms. Hendry

Carpet Time- Students have been learning how to play Hangman during carpet time. We practice our vowels, consonants, and sounds during this time.

Daily 5- We finished figuring out what good Read to Self looks like today. The students read for 6 minutes and 26 seconds.

Daily 5 Work on Writing- Students learned 2 centres today- Stamp a name, and Print a name.

Recess

Social- The students finished applying for jobs. Some students didn’t get the job they applied for, as someone else got it, so they were allowed to apply for another job. The rest of the students learned how to comment and watch the videos on Seesaw. While the students are in the class, they can see other kid’s videos and posts. But at home, parents can only see their own child’s work/group work.

Popsicles!- Our SCC gave out popsicles today at the end of the day, so the kids got a special treat.

Home Time

*Thanks to all parents who have added themselves to our Seesaw account! At the Open House, we will be on hand to help anyone who needs help figuring out the tech tools.

2 thoughts on “Friday, September 6, 2019

1. Unrelated to todays events but I noticed when the healthy hunger list came home today, the Mr. Greek is hot lunch is listed for December 12th and May 7th. Where as online, it’s not listed as an available order.
    Just felt it was note worth as I like to buy all the hot lunches at one time online so I don’t forget.